2016 is approaching fast and there are some things that I need to let go of to bring in the new year. 2015 was one of the best years of my life. I mean I studied abroad in Europe, I fell in love, and I made some friends to last a lifetime. I couldn’t ask for a better year than that. However, the same guy that I fell in love with broke my heart, I made some mistakes along the way, and I realized not everyone will be there for you when you need them most. I need to let go of some things to bring in the new year.
- I need to let go of all the mistakes I made in 2015. All the moments that I’m not proud of, and I need to remember that I’m not perfect and it’s ok to make mistakes.
- I need to let go to all the people who have walked out of my life. The ones that gave up on me. They aren’t in my life for a reason. I need to focus on the ones that actually care about me and want to be in my life.
- I need to let go of all the memories of us. The ones I keep replaying in my head over and over. They are memories for a reason. It’s time for me to find something else to watch.
- I need to let go of all the fake people in my life. The ones who pretend to be my friend to my face, but behind my back are nothing but my friend.
- I need to let go of the thought that you and I will ever be together again.
- I need to let go of all the negative people in my life. The ones who bring me down, and make me feel bad about myself. The ones who barely know me, but act like they do. The ones who like to use my name following something negative.
- I need to let go of all the drama in my life. I need to leave it in 2015 and move on to bigger and better things.
- I need to let go of the thought that I need everyone to like me. Some people just aren’t going to. I need to understand that I can’t please everyone.
- I need to let go of feeling as if I’m not good enough or incapable of doing something.
I need to welcome in 2016 without all of these things weighing me down, because I can already tell 2016 is going to be even better than 2015.