Somehow being single means there is something wrong with you. You often get questions like, “Why are you single”, “Haven’t you found anyone?”, “Are you doing something wrong?”, “I’m sure you’ll find someone soon.” “Do you want me to set you up with someone?”.
As if being single isn’t a choice. Did you ever thing that maybe I choose to be single? Or did that thought never cross your mind?
I’m single. I’m happy. And there isn’t anything wrong with me. I actually enjoy being single. People feel like they need to settle down so quickly and if you haven’t found the one by 25 you might as well give up. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with finding the one when you’re 21 and settling down. Great! Good for you, but not everyone wants to settle down so young. I’m 22 years old. Why rush when I have the rest of my life to find the “one”.
You can be single and be happy I promise you. You don’t need someone to complete you. All you need is yourself and if someone eventually comes along then great. But you don’t need to go out of your way to find someone.
Why is everyone afraid of being alone? Why don’t people know how to be single and actually BE SINGLE. When people get out of relationships they feel the need to jump right into another one or start talking to someone right away. Don’t do that. Take your time. Just be single for once. There’s nothing wrong with it.
How to be single and happy…so I think??
- You need to realize that you don’t need someone else to make you happy. Yes, having someone along for the ride who makes you happy is great, but you should make yourself happy first. Take yourself out for Valentines Day or buy yourself a gift just because. I’ve done it and honestly it makes me feel amazing.
- Go after your goals. Do everything you can to achieve them–if that means moving across the country then so be it. Dream big. Go after what you want.
- Travel. If you read my blog you can tell that I love to travel and I want to travel everywhere and anywhere, but travel alone or with your close friends. Live your life! Don’t be afraid to take risks. That’s what makes life unexpected and incredible.
- Meet new people!!! Expand your horizons! I cannot stress this enough. Go out and meet new people without looking for a relationship.
- Lastly, make mistakes. I know that might sound weird and you might be thinking “How will making mistakes make me happy”, but live your life to the fullest because like I said before you don’t have to have a significant other to do so. We all make make mistakes. Don’t be afraid to make them. That’s how we learn and that’s how we become the person we someday will be.
I don’t know if this is all it takes to be happy and single, but I do know that these are the things I do and try to work on. And to tell you the truth I am happy and single. I know that one day everything will work out. So for now I chose to live my life to the fullest and I hope you decide to too.