*Big sigh* It’s that same of year again. Some schools started this week but my school starts on Monday. I had my graduate orientation yesterday and I am just not ready to start classes again. And I am a TA (teaching assistant) again as well. This year on Friday’s I have to sit in my professors class that starts at 8:00am. Lucky me? This summer went by too fast as it always does. And I didn’t get a lot of my summer reading done which I am very disappointed by. However, I am excited to start my last year of graduate school and I have an awesome internship this semester as well. It’s hard to get back into the groove of a new semester when you had 3 months off. So of course you’ll need some of my amazing tips in order to survive the 2017 semester. Bring on Fall 2017!
- If your classes already started classes then I am sorry but one of the things you should do this week if your classes start next week is to check blackboard and print out your syllabus. And to look at it!! Don’t wait until the day of to take a peak at it.
- See what you’re required textbooks are, but I would wait until the first day of classes to purchase them. Sometimes YOU don’t even use them, but sometimes you do. So it doesn’t hurt to check the book store or amazon to see how much they are.
- Start the semester off by being organized. Get a planner and be prepared the first day of class. It’s cool to be organized and prepared trust me. Doing well is a good thing. You don’t want to fall behind the first week.
- If your professor emails you and tells you to do something before the first day of class you should do it. It’s good to get on your professors good side the first day.
- It’s helpful to have a friend in all your classes. So socialize with people the first day.
- Know where your classes are. You don’t want to get lost on the very first day.
- Enjoy the first week. It only gets harder from there.